Tuesday 2 May 2017

Treat Yo-self Day!

After a hussle and bussle kinda day, all we want is some TLC time. It is important as I always say to look after yourself, here are a few ways I like to unwind after a hectic day!


Cupán tae 
Every Irish person's solution to any problem no matter how big or small is a nice big cup of tea. Personally I'm not the biggest tea drinker but I do love Herbal Teas. My favourite at the minute is Twinings Garden Mint, it is heaven in a cup. Mint teas are my favourite as they are ideal for helping you relax and sleep well. 
Reading Time: 
Being the little geek that I am, I love spending my free time in a book! I adore Dramas now from studying them on my course. Samuel Beckett is my ultimate favourite writer, although this content may be a little gloomy, his writing skills are something else. Reading for me is perfect to just escape the textbooks and diverge into a new chapter of a new world! 

 Did I mention I like Candles???
You all are probably sick and tired of hearing me say the words candles and fairy lights but I am obsessed with them. Honestly can't praise them enough! Your environment is crucial in order to relax, candles just help set a relaxing and calming environment and leaves you feeling de-stressed in no time. I love my Fig and Wild Pear candle and Salted Caramel scented candles, the smells is just gorgeous. Both candles purchased in Pennys! 
Have a Day Out: 
Put the study timetable away for just one day and have a day out with yourself or a few loved ones. My favourite place on earth is Dunfanaghy. Dad, a few weeks back took Mum and I to the pier and we all sat together listening to the waves whilst tucking into big ice-creams! It was a perfect day and a memory I will hold dearly. Don't waste your days stuck to a desk! 

Meditation and NO technology: 
I have written a blog post titled Myself and Meditation which I will link below for DCU Her Campus. Taking only 10 minutes from your day and just having some well earned You Time, you will feel the benefits. Put aside all technology, us young people tend to be on our phones non stop, it isn't healthy for our minds, the instagram stories can wait!  The one App I love is Relaxation Melodies. Listening to the sounds of waves, birds, winds, really help me relax! The app allows you to pick whatever sounds you like. Within seconds your troubles/stress will have vanished! 

There are many other ways to relax but these are my favourite and most used ways. Remember to always find some time for yourself during the exam season! 
Hope you all are keeping well.
Much Love, 
Niamh.
x
Her Campus Blog Post On Meditation: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me!

College Expectations!

Guess who is back blogging?!? Hi Dolls and Gents,  It's been quite a long time since I blogged - I've just been very b...