Sunday 23 April 2017

How I study:

Hi dolls and gents, 

Apologies for the lack of content, it has been a busy few college weeks.I'm officially finished first year of college, crazy how times flies! Exam season and Leaving Cert is soon approaching, it is understandable how our heads can get all muddled up. Here a few tips I have to make studying that little more doable. 

*Note - These are things I find helpful however if you are different and comfortable with other methods, do you! 💖*

1. Timetable: 
A study timetable is what everyone needs during the academic year. Timetables will help you keep focused and organised. They are extremely motivating. Aim for reasonable time spacing within your timetables and allow for breaks, including time spacing will keep you in check so you don't do overboard. Timetables are a great guilt tripper having it glaring back at you if you are having a slack day. 
                                         www.mummyalarm.co.uk


2.  Candles and Fairy lights: 
I love being relaxed and cosy when I study. Scented candles and fairy lights are my go to surrounding essentials. It helps eliminate the stress and keep me focused. Many people can't study with music or any sounds whatsoever, I however am the complete opposite. I cannot study in silence, I sometimes either listen to inspiring Ted Talks or even as hipy as this may seem, listen to sounds of the ocean on Spotify. It relaxes me what can I say? 


3. Exam Papers: 
In order to get into the exam mode, I study and look at previous exam papers. By doing this, it helps me get focused and ready for the exam ahead. I learn about time management, what questions come up more frequently than others and what topics I need to focus on. 
                                               www.chronicle.co.uk

4. Mind Maps: 
Clear and condense notes is what I live for. I can't bear the idea of looking at a page filled with too many facts, quotes and summaries, it can be very overwhelming. Mind Maps on coloured paper are my favourite things. It is also an excuse to be a little creative - what more could you want?
 
                                              www.mindmeister.com

5. Breaks: 
The most important thing of all is to take breaks. Throughout my Leaving Cert I studied constantly to the point where not only did it affect my results, it damaged my health. Stress and tiredness is like black and navy, massive NO. You should not feel any guilt having a break. A happy healthy you can conquer the world! 

                                                              http://www.friendshipcircle.org

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me!

College Expectations!

Guess who is back blogging?!? Hi Dolls and Gents,  It's been quite a long time since I blogged - I've just been very b...