Tuesday 28 February 2017

A Day In A Life Of A DCU Student

Hello dolls and gents, How are we?

I remember coming home from school and looking at college friend's snaps of college and being so jealous! However, what I tended to notice the most was snapchats of people going out etc. Being the mother in my group of friends, going out doesn't appeal to me as much. Instead, I was forever curious to see students day to day routine and what their college looked liked, just to get a feel of college itself. Although I do love seeing girl's fashion/makeup on a night-out. So I thought I would give you an insight into my college day and just what it's like to be a college student. Please note that I'm an Arts student so my timetable is very relaxed and not as intense as others. Hope you enjoy! 

Morning: 
So on a Tuesday I have the lovely 12pm start, so this means an extra hour of sleep! I went for a little black outfit today, to sum up this awful weather we are having, Sun please brace us with your presence again soon. 




So I had a seminar at 12, I have campus accommodation so I'm very fortunate that I live only 5mins away. Saying that, I am forever wanting to be early, but this case I was 10 minutes early, typical Niamh. Analysing Media Content seminar is basically our fellow classmates presenting on the previous week lecture topic. I had my presentation last week, we discussed how meaning is created through media using art work. My group and I discussed the work of Banksy. Presentations can be daunting and somewhat nerve-racking but everyone is super friendly as we know how scary it is. As soon as you start presenting the nerves disappear within seconds, and don't worry people do will understand your accent haha. 

**********BREAK***********

I had a 2 hour break before I went to my English tutorial in All Hallows. So my friends and I went back to mines for a while and grabbed some lunch. I don't go out much but I still tend to be stuck on money due to my new obsession, Chai Tea Lattes. My lovely pal Meadhbh Kelly recomended this to me and I'm in love. I'm now a Chai Tea Latte addict and it doesn't help that the Starbucks just right beside my accommodation. Not going to lie, I had 3 today, sorry mum! To pass the time my talented young friend Shane McGinley played and sang us some tunes. Check out his facebook -  https://www.facebook.com/ShaneMcGinleyMusic/. It was a lovely chilled break. 

We then headed to All Hallows for our English Tutorial, I like the tutorial as we discuss what we found tough about a certain English Module the previous weeks. You are put into groups no more than 20, so you feel very relaxed and it's a great opportunity to ask questions and bond with people in your group. It's important to note that seminars and tutorials are marked on attendance, so be careful! 
*****BREAK*****
Another hour break before poetry and drama in Pats, so this meant another Chai Tea Latte and a catch up with the girls! 

We had Poetry and Drama Lectures today, my two faves! Lectures is where you don't get much of a chance to ask questions as the lecturer needs to find in the topic content within the hour. I love poetry, learning about the structures and how getting inside the poet's mind. It's all very intriguing! 

Drama, my one and true love! Anyone who knows me, will be fully aware that I adore drama. When I heard we were studying this module, my heart skipped a beat. We learn about the playwright, themes, stage directions and characters. I just love love love it. A Doll's House is my favourite so far, Ibsen is one talented gent! 

 

Back home to Larkfield and I am wrecked, freezing and rather embarrassed falling on my behind on a Dublin bus. Spot the culchie- still haven't got the hang of the whole bus thing yet. I'm starting my poetry assignment and also creating ideas for my friends Ali, Ross and Liam's radio show 'Popcorn Culture' They discuss all the latest movies out and also remembering the classics! They are one talented bunch, tune in every Weds 9-10pm on DCU (Can you tell I want to do Public Relations in the future?) 
And my day is coming to an end, unforunately I forgot to make pancakes gutted. Here's to another famous 'Pasta and Sauce' night! The inner granny in me is in her pyjamas by 8pm and going to watch Eastenders on RTE player. I swear I am exciting another nights haha. 




Hope you enjoyed and have a lovely stress free week. Thanks for reading. 

Love,
Niamh 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me!

College Expectations!

Guess who is back blogging?!? Hi Dolls and Gents,  It's been quite a long time since I blogged - I've just been very b...